Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Twist On Old Recipe: Strawberry Pudding

My first-born daughter put me on to this idea: banana pudding with strawberries instead of bananas. I took it last night to a holiday dinner and it was devoured. Yes, the homemade custard is the critical step, but remember... microwave and oh. so. easy! I considered sweetening the berries but did not. They do not need additional sugar as long as you have plenty of custard. Once you have tasted this custard, you will never use instant pudding again. If you are new to my blog, the custard recipe is noted in July and is entitled, "Zappyoca... That Custard Thing." I doubled the custard recipe, used a Costco-size box of berries, and used a full box of vanilla wafers. I served it in the Pampered Chef trifle bowl which traveled with ease since it has its own lid. So festive for Christmas... it will definitely make another appearance at my house this holiday season. 

1 comment: