Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Very Special St. Patrick's Day

On this St. Patrick's Day 17 years ago, my father-in-law passed away after a lengthy battle with diabetes. He was a retired TN Highway Patrol Officer and was loved by most of Nashville. He had conquered a huge demon in his life... he died the day after celebrating his 24th year of sobriety. He stole the heart of a petite blonde, blue-eyed Dorothy Ruth, and they had three children. I am married to the son. Buck mentored thousands of people over his 24 years with Alcoholics Anonymous and spoke to groups all over the country helping people recover. Buck Ross loved me before I was even involved with his son since I was girlfriends with his baby daughter. His presence is still among us. Even yesterday I said to my husband: "Your daddy would have really liked her." When I married into Buck's family, I knew I would be loved for a lifetime. Happy St. Patty's Day, Grandy.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. Thanks for this honor and the honor of being a member of family. Your contributions if love and service are too numerable to speak, but always remembered. One, however, is the photo from above was taken at the surprise 30th birthday party you hosted andhelp my husband arrange. Love you., sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete