Monday, December 17, 2012

A Honey Hint For The SOS


When a family grows like mine has, some Stuffers Of Stockings (SOS) eliminate the adult stockings and just do the little people. Other SOS eliminate the stockings altogether. But since I enjoy every single part of Christmas, this SOS is preparing 15 stockings again this year, including my husband's mother and my brother. The biggest issue for me is keeping inventory of what is to go in each one. The endless written lists of groceries and gifts works for awhile, but the stocking items seem harder to track. Stuffing stockings for ages 6 months to nearly 83 years makes for an impossible mental inventory for this brain. So, I am offering my solution to you: liquor boxes, specifically 6-slot like the LARGE bottles of wine come in. I reuse the boxes every year so that I don't have to rewrite names. Then I can peer down in each slot to see whose stocking is lacking. No putting all items on my bed on Christmas Eve to stuff and discover that somebody is WAAAAYYY short. Merry Christmas to all SOS readers!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea, I have been using grocery bags, but I will try this since I only have 6 stockings to fill it will be perfect. It will be good to see from the top what is in each slot since some years I go overboard and my stockings end up costing more than all my gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this stocking stuffers idea!
    I still do adult stockings AND Easter baskets....THIS is GREAT Stacy!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, plus if it fits in the slot, you know it will fit the stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also been doing this for years....Oh, it sure does help !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jane condo....not sure how my name didn't get there ! Got a solution for technology fails...I need it...

      Delete