Sunday, November 20, 2011

Legomania

Problem:




















Solution:












If you enjoyed something when your children were young, you may have an opportunity for that something to come around again in your life with grandchildren. Our children loved Legos and, of course, I saved them all in a couple of large bins. Our oldest grandson is very interested in making things now with the Legos when he comes to our house, but my husband explained to me that 9-inch-deep bins of Legos is not very conducive to constructing the pictures that the grandson wants to create. They need to be able to find certain pieces. Enter our new Container Store in Green Hills. My beloved husband went with me and selected a number of different types of bins with a base bin on rollers. After spending probably 10-12 hours over the course of this week, I have sorted all of our Legos into the following categories:
1. basic bricks
2. thin bricks
3. bricks with wheels / circle bricks
4. bricks with holes
5. people and their parts
6. animals
7. trees
8. wedges and angle bricks
9. strings, net, & propellers
10. ladders, poles, sticks
11. small one-of-a-kind
12. large one-of-a-kind
13. bricks with writing
14. arches and steps
15. windows, doors, & parts






I created my own labels in WORD using the above categories and copied them onto cardstock. If you would like that document, email me at emmastacyross@gmail.com and I will send it to you as an attachment. Then you can get sorting, too. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! We will be eating lots, BUILDING lots, and making LOTS of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment