Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Another Mud Pie

Publix has their premium brand of ice cream currently on sale, so I have been to purchase the Barnie's coffee flavor for another mud pie recipe. If you are new to my blog, you can revert back to May 2012 when I posted the first Mud Pie recipe. This particular recipe is from a cookfriend who lives in College Station, TX. I like this recipe especially because the crust does not have to be baked, so it comes together very quickly. I really love the almonds and chocolate syrup in this recipe. I have added a tsp. of espresso coffee powder to the fudge syrup to play up the coffee flavor. I always double recipe... bulk baking, of course. This time I did one pie and 6 individual tarts. Can hardly wait until tonight...

Mud Pie

1 & 1/4 cups crushed Oreos* + 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 stick margarine, melted 
1 quart coffee ice cream, softened                                               
1 jar Smucker’s fudge syrup + 1 tsp. espresso coffee powder
almonds                    
whipped cream

1. Crust: combine Oreos & sugar with melted margarine & press into pie pan.Spread on softened ice cream.
2. Pour half of the jar of syrup on ice cream & swirl together with spoon slightly. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle on remaining syrup. Top with whipped cream & extra almonds. Keep frozen. Allow to thaw about 10-15 min. before slicing and serving.  
*1/3 of a 16 oz. pkg. of Oreos will yield 1 1/4 cups of crumbs.                                

No comments:

Post a Comment