Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Holy Cumin, Batman


When my son played football at Auburn, a cookfriend introduced us to her infamous corn dip. It immediately became a staple at our AU tailgates. With the Tigers coming to town this weekend, I thought others might enjoy this simple yet delicious dip. It can be made ahead early in the week, and this was essential for my travel preparation. The original recipe calls for green chilies, but I have substituted jalapeƱos: they are way cheaper. I buy the bulk size jar and keep in the beer frig. Do not reduce the amount of cumin - it is the dealbreaker for this wonderful dip, and the Fritoes are most definitely the preferred chip. Try it, you will see. 

Gloria’s Corn Dip

3 cans Mexicorn, drained                                                                       
jalapeƱos to taste                                                                       
1 cup mayo           
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese
4 TBSP. cumin (this is NOT a mistype!)           
chopped green onions

Combine all and serve with large Fritoes. I buy the all ingredients (especially cumin) at Sam’s (they don’t have green onions) because I never make just one recipe. When doubling, I use that very large 6# can of yellow corn. 

1 comment:

  1. Great memories around that dip! My mouth is watering now. Makes these 3 stupid mini rice cakes I'm eating BLOW!

    ReplyDelete