Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cowboy Cookies By Request



This blogpost is in response to a request from the lovely ladies where I have had my hair done for almost 3 decades. The Cowboy Cookies recipe was given to me by a cookfriend long ago, and I took them to the salon during the holidays. They have not stopped talking about them! Thrills my heart. I thought the cookies spread on the pan a little too much, so next time I might use the procedure I use for Toll House Cookies which is half butter, half Crisco. However, the salon ladies wanted the recipe for exactly what I brought them. Those gals are adorable. Here's to the Ladies at The Ritz!

Cowboy Cookies

1 cup butter                                                                                                           
1 cup brown sugar                                                                                               
1 cup white sugar                                                                                               
2 eggs                                                                                               
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2tsp. baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1 sm. pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts

Cream sugars, butter, eggs, & vanilla until fluffy. Mix dry ingredients & stir into creamed mixture. Add oats, choc. chips, & nuts. Bake 350° for 12 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Wondering if the ladies at the Loopey Lady Beauty Shop are aware of your patronage at the Ritz? Teasanne Kombe, Barri Bouffant, and Harriet Hilite may be perturbed!
    Love Faulleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilda was a little skeptical about using her alias and her shine. The Ritz is a smallish place. She didn't want to upset the other patrons.

    ReplyDelete