Thursday, October 3, 2013

To All Of My FB Family and Friends

Waking up this morning I was reminded of my thankful quotient. I thought of two friends in particular who taught me how to text when my dad was dying in 2009. Then I thought about my youngest daughter who taught me how to use Facebook when I retired in 2010. Both of those vehicles were lifelines to me over the past 2 weeks as we were most often in areas of the hospital where "quiet" was required. If you have never read Ann Voscamp's "1000 Blessings," I would highly recommend it. A friend gave it to me about this time last year. As I am waking this morning, I am deeply struck by the magnitude of friends and family who have sustained us over these past 2 weeks. Pat and MaryBess, along with hundreds of others of you, have cared for us using these two modes plus old-fashioned phone calls and cards with scripture, giggles, well-wishes, signs on our home, balloons on the mailbox, mums and pumpkins and fall wreaths outside our home, fresh flowers in most every room, a cleaned out refrigerator with fresh food, newly planted grass watered, meals lined up until Thanksgiving... I could certainly list 1000 Blessings at this moment. And to be back in our own bed... suffice it to say that I don't even want to get out of it right now since it feels so good. Great is Thy faithfulness, Oh God my Father. Morning by morning new mercies I see...

4 comments:

  1. Hugs and love to you my friend! :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for this coming homcoming!!! God is Good when we are most dependent in Him! Counting on a great recovery!!!
    Jan Eberle

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good. All the time. His mercies are new every morning. So thankful that He has met your needs out of the riches of His grace. So thankful that surgery went well, recovery is progressing and you are home. Continuing to lift you up as you move on with your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all is well with y'all. Prayers are still going.
    Cindy & Gary Lee (WECC)

    ReplyDelete