Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Detour On Vacation

We added another state to our current trip out West. We never had the funds to bring our children out here when they were young, but now they have joined us for this last leg of our journey! What began as a visit to Utah and Wyoming has extended to include an airlift into Colorado. My beloved's heart was in trouble Thursday morning. On Monday (tomorrow) Dr.Leonard Lapkin will be the only one ever closer to Rusty's heart than me. Almost 24 years ago the first photo here was our Christmas card announcing the birth of our 4th child, Lucy. The best part of the outcome will be that Rusty's heart will be like new, ready for Lucy again, when he walks her down the aisle to her beloved Sam soon.

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!" (Proverbs 3:5-8 MSG)

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Stacy,
    I know when the doctor tells you,"well this medicine will remodel your heart" and I say back to them, "well I thought only God could remodel my heart" you sit up and listen. When it comes to our hearts its serious business. It sounds like it is something they can deal with so that is the good news and it sounds like he will be feeling better soon. Thats even better. I have been on heart meds for two years and I can truthfully say my heart has fully recovered and fully restored itself because of the meds. The chemo had damaged it so new wallpaper went up. I know God holds my heart and Rusty's in the palm of His hand and He will be the divine physician overseeing all that goes on that day. You take notice of His sweet ways He tells you He loves you and that as it does me, brings me such comfort. Love you guys and will be praying for tomorrow.
    love,
    Barbara Collins

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Barbara. No wonder Paige named her first-born after you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,
    Rusty and you and the rest of your family are in our prayers. We will praying for you all tomorrow. May God guide the surgeon's hands and hold you all close as you await the outcome. I know that will seem like the longest time ever for you all. May God comfort you and make you very aware of His presence. Hugging you with my heart,

    Debby Averette

    ReplyDelete