Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Friend Has Graduated



Do you think of your death as a graduation? Will you be graduated to Heaven? My spiritual mother has just done so, and she is celebrating in the presence of Jesus even now. She has been my friend for nearly 3 decades and has walked through many of life's highs and lows with me. She taught two of my children in kindergarten, led my 3rd child to Christ, and loved on my 4th child whenever the opportunity was before her. She comforted me when I had difficulties in family relationships, and she rejoiced with me when each of my children graduated from school as well as when the grandchildren began to come along. May Drummond and her beloved husband, Don, danced at my children's weddings as well as at my own birthday party when we had a band in the back yard on 06/06/06. They could do the greatest dance... I think she called in some South Carolina swing. It was waaayyyy too many steps for me. Everyone would stand in amazement of them. May was passionate about Jesus and wanted everyone to know Him. She taught me how to live and now she has taught me how to die. In the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes, when Sipsy is comforting Iggy as Ruth is dying, Sipsy says, "You know Miss Ruth is a lady, and a lady always knows when to leave." May was that kind of a lady.  I will miss her so much, but she is rejoicing and worshipping with the King of all Kings tonight... on a Sunday... how fitting. As we sang in church this morning, it is well with my soul... and hers.









8 comments:

  1. Oh I did not know; heaven has a new treasure, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a loving tribute. May was a precious soul who exuded the love of Christ to everyone. I'll never forget the day after Bible Club when she told me Grace had asked Jesus into her heart. She was so sincere and assured me that it was Grace's decision and that she knew what she was doing in her innocent 3 1/2 year old way. Seeds planted then certainly came to maturity. I praise God for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gift you have to have known May so well. This was a wonderful tribute to her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had some technical difficulties last night, Barbara. You may want to view the blogpost on May again. I think you will be blessed.

      Delete
  4. Though I did not get to see May except at church, I felt she was a very dear sister and friend. My heart breaks with this news. She was always so sweet and special to me. She truly did exude the love of Christ. She made me feel so loved. I first got to know May when I started the Tuesday morning Bible Study years ago and she was our leader. There was always an excitement to her life and I know that it was Jesus. It's a wonderful way to think of her passing into His arms...graduation! Bless you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda: Had some technical difficulties until about 7:45 this morning. You may want to check the blog again.

      Delete
    2. May we continue to celebrate May Drummond's life. She has woven grace and beauty into her family and our children too. Thank you May for loving so well and showing us the love of the Father by your example. You will be missed...

      Delete
    3. We always loved seeing and talking to May. She was a precious daughter of Christ and lived her heritage in a beautiful way. Your tribute to her is perfect.

      Susan Hicks

      Delete