Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Chicken In A Pot" Part 2

Back in January I posted a crockpot series, the third of which was Chicken In A Pot. I cooked one last week, and it served us 2 dinners with lunch leftovers PLUS a near-quart of chicken salad. That $3.50 chicken really worked hard. The dinners were creamed chicken served on cornbread to which I added sauteed baby portobello mushrooms. The chicken salad - yes, I think mine is really good. That is an upcoming blog. In the meantime, get a couple of whole chickens, wash them, rebag in clean gallon bags, freeze. Watch for sales, too, but they are so inexpensive you don't have to wait for a sale. Costco has organic whole chickens - 2 to a package (not so inexpensive). You will be ready next time you need to cook dinner and don't know what to fix. 

1 comment:

  1. Have the chicken out of the freezer now. I have leftover cornbread from Monday in the fridge. This will be a perfect way to use it. I can smother it and the hubs will love it! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete