Friday, February 10, 2012

Honey Mini-Camp

All of my grands are coming for the weekend. I am a happy Honey. Since they have an expectation of cookies when they come, I decided to do a different treat this time... one that is as old as I am... Rice Krispie Treats. My mother-in-law made them often for her grandchildren, and none were ever left in the pan. I haven't made them in decades, but what I remember is as easy as they were to put together, the pan cleanup was wicked. Fast forward to today: nonstick soup pot (Pampered Chef, of course). Problem solved. Also, I added Valentine sprinkles on the top. The recipe is on Kelloggs.com, but since I always have to make MORE than any original recipe I am giving you my version. I also did not want to leave 1/3 of a box of Rice Krispies in my pantry to go stale, so I tailored the recipe to include the entire 12 oz. box. One less box in my freshly painted and reorganized pantry.
Rice Krispie Treats
In large nonstick pot, melt 1 stick of butter. Add 100 lg. marshmallows (1-16 oz. bag + around 3/4 of another 10 oz. bag). Melt on medium heat until well combined. Add a 12 oz. box of Rice Krispies (15 cups). Top with festive sprinkles. This amount makes a 15x10 pan of treats.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some of favorite treats from when I was little! I now am going to have to make some today for Justin and I! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a half full box in my pantry from last fall when we made them for Colton. In line with his non-sweet tooth, he was not a fan. He'd rather have a sliced bell pepper! Now to go rid my pantry of that box..... Thanks for the recipe adjustment!

    ReplyDelete