Sunday, June 26, 2011

Doing Decadence


Who doesn't love red, ripe strawberries? And who doesn't love decadent ones dipped in chocolate? Last summer a friend encouraged me to learn how to dip strawberries myself, but it required one skill I was missing: how to reduce the power on my microwave. Once I learned how to do that, I was like a dog with a bone.  My daughter recently had a baby shower for a forever friend, and these were enjoyed by all. I have taken them to funeral wakes, bridal events, Valentine's gifts, you name it. Who wouldn't be tickled to receive some? Look out, Godiva, there is competition in town.


What you will need: strawberries, Dulce Frutta (Kroger in the carton in the produce section) available in white chocolate and dark chocolate
Tools needed: stackable cooling racks from Pampered Chef, Tiered Tower also P.Chef, small fan, parchment paper, cookie sheets


Wash and drain berries thoroughly - place fan to expedite drying time. Melt chocolate pellets as carton directs in microwave. BE SURE AND REDUCE POWER! Chocolate will scorch and separate if you don't. Dip each berry and hold in front of fan briefly before placing on cookie sheets lined with parchment. Stack on wire racks with fan running. Best to do the day of serving and not refrigerate. Refrigerate leftovers but condensation will occur. Won't affect taste but will affect appearance slightly. Loved by all recipients!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You are getting this blogging thing down! Gonna go get some berries and the dulce stuff at HEB!

    ReplyDelete