Monday, September 19, 2011

Deer Friend,


      I know you enjoy my yard, but I work very hard to make it look nice. Therefore, I will continue to treat my landscaping with a spray you find offensive. I can tell by the way you have left my hydrangeas, liriope, and hostas alone that you are not a fan of the Deer Off spray from Lowe's. On a recent trip to Cheekwood with the grands, I noticed a very acrid odor following the gardener with the 5-gallon spray tank. I followed him to inquire if he was spraying for your kind. The gardener confirmed that he was with a product called Liquid Fence smelling exactly like what I use. He, too, has found that it is not an appealing fragrance to you. We chatted briefly while the grands were enthrolled by the magical trains and compared notes that spraying every couple of weeks keeps you and your peeps at bay. If my son had his way with my property, a gentle arrow from a bow would probably find its way into your heart. Since I value good neighbor relations, I have thrown my son's salt lick into the trash. But be forewarned: he has a night-vision camera and he is watching for you.

Very sincerely,
Your Dear Friend 

1 comment:

  1. This is my first comment on mom's blog because I noticed that I was mentioned in the post! I would argue that a great way to deter deer frequenting the Ross property would be to "off" a few of their prized members of their clan. If you go for a family stroll through the woods and backyards and all the sudden Daddy doesn't come home with you, you'd be much more likely to not return...thus saving the panzies, hydrangeas, chrysanthemums..

    Not to mention if I can hit a bobcat (about the size of a cocker spaniel) in the chest at 293 yds I guarantee I can hit a deer in the spine at 15 yds and drop him on the spot. No neighbor complaints if he stays in your yard. But until Bambi's dad shows up for some clover at 6401 Bresslyn there will be no harmed deer there...not by me.

    ReplyDelete