Friday, September 2, 2011

The Honey Cure

Allergy sufferers take note: honey could be what you are missing. I began a honey regimen 2 months ago, thanks to the recommendation of a cookfriend whose husband suffered terribly with allergies. So far even though the ragweed and grass allergy count remains very high here in Nashville, I am without symptoms and am not taking my prescription medicine. The dosage of 1 tablespoon/day was going to be a problem, I thought, but I decided to put it in my coffee so that I would not miss. For the first month of honey therapy I continued my allergy medicine until I got the honey into my system. The catch is that it must be LOCAL honey. The bees have to be pollinating your own problematic pollen. I buy a 4# jar of wildflower honey at the Farmer's Market, and it runs about $17.00. It is from Goodlettsville. I am still on the original jar! There is much research out there about many other benefits of consuming local honey daily... everything from arthritis to heart issues. Do your own internet research if you need more information. The real test for me will be next spring when I am affected worse than fall allergies. I will be prepared, though, because I am in the honey habit. Stay tuned... a follow-up blog guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. I surely hope you went back to sleep!! I know you are an early riser but 2 am!!

    ReplyDelete