Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's A Freezer Thing

Some people call me a foodie. That would be true. And since such a characteristic is often inherited, you should know that my mother was a foodie, too. She could put a meal together for a family-in-need in short order without needing a thing from the grocery. She managed her home well, especially with regard to a freezer. Therefore, since my early married days I have had an extra freezer and later, an extra refrigerator. And my married daughters have it in their DNA, too. The first-born has had a compact freezer since the birth of her first child. It helped her store breastmilk, and 3 children later, it has been helpful with all that it takes to feed a growing family. The other married daughter is preparing to buy locally raised beef and now needs a little extra space. She didn't really have room for a full-size freezer and has been using her college dorm compact frig. for overflow frig items. So, I had an idea. Instead of adding a 2nd compact freezer to our fleet of freezers, I suggested a search for a used larger one for the older daughter and a handing-down of the compact freezer to younger daughter. This tickled both girls. This gesture was going to involve Craig's List and my master craftsman husband. Craig's List had a good price on the one freezer and with my brilliant mind and my VERY brilliant husband's abilities, we created a unit for the compact frig and freezer to stack for the other daughter. Did I mention that the larger freezer was substantially less expensive than a new compact freezer? Now both girls are ready for their organic, locally raised beef and all sorts of goodies from the Farmer's Market. Some people probably think we are Mormon's preparing for winter. Nope... just foodies.

1 comment: