Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another Peach Favorite

Oh, yes... fresh peach milkshakes. I used one half of a one quart package from the freezer. Simply defrost a package of peaches just enough to separate them, then stick the rest of the package back in the freezer for another use. Vanilla ice cream, peaches, milk. That's it. Did I mention that it helps to have a good blender? My husband says that mine would drive a small go-cart. A good blender does not need 10 options for blending. It only needs a low and a high if you have a substantial motor. My blender is a Waring Mega Pro commercial grade which I ordered from Chef's Catalog a decade ago. It is not an inexpensive appliance, but it makes a better-than-restaurant margarita and, of course, daiquiris. The grands are so happy with a shake and the movie, Angels In The Outfield

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish! I'm "sorry" to say that Mark can't share the daquiris nor would he the shake. Fresh peaches, apples, pears, anything with a skin like that makes his throat itch. He can only eat them if they're cooked. SOOOOOOO we refroze the remainders in individual servings and guess who gets to look forward to them? ME!

    ReplyDelete