Sunday, July 31, 2011

I've Struck Gold!

While at Sam's recently, I purchased my usual kiwis. You know them... the box of  little, brown, fuzzy fruit that bursts lime green on the inside. Do you know that each kiwi packs 5 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, vitamin C, and several other antioxidants all while remaining very low in calories? You may not know that we are supposed to have 25 grams of fiber a day, and the average American diet only gets 12. Just imagine it... 3 kiwis and you are more than halfway there.  I am a kiwi lover and am delighted to tell you that I have actually struck gold! Kiwis are available in GOLD! What looks like pineapple chunks on the fruit kabobs is actually gold kiwi, and they are delicious. That fuzzy peeling is a little tough, so, of course, I have a tool to recommend to you... the Pampered Chef serrated peeler. Core both ends, peel off the shoulders on both ends, then peel longways. Boom. So much nutrition, so much deliciousness... do your body a favor and have some gold soon. You will feel rich!

2 comments:

  1. They were so good! i meant to ask you where you found yellow kiwi! i told justin *these look like kiwi but they are yellow* haha ! everything was fabulous.. your watermelon fruit display looked like something professionally done at *edible arrangements*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind. Yellow kiwi came from Sam's. We are currently cutting up the watermelon over here! Now that's what I call recycling... Have added your blog to my favs. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete