Monday, July 25, 2011

Honey Sings

While in the car today, I was as always singing with the radio (rock and roll, of course) as the grands rode along with me. My granddaughter asked me if I knew any songs besides radio songs. It took me a minute but once I thought I understood her, I asked her if she meant for me to sing without the radio. Her answer was yes! So I turned off the radio and for the rest of the car ride, I sang children's scripture songs. Eventually, they chimed right in. They especially loved one we sang in Young Life when I was a teenager: Jesus is the Light, he's the Light of the world BOOM BOOM BOOM... faster and faster and faster. What a blessing to have had such a moment with them. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Can't wait to sing with mine. Such simple, fun and sweet gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your voice will be angelic compared to my scraggle, but thankfully, kids don't care!

    ReplyDelete