Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fresh Peach Daiquiris

Now that you have started thinking about getting those peaches in the freezer, here is a recipe that will help motivate you. You can use fresh or frozen peaches which have been partially thawed. Dump them right into this amazing concoction I developed some years ago. Can't wait to serve these this weekend. 


Fresh Peach Daiquiris
2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 can frozen limeade
1/2 can vodka (use limeade can)
1/4 can Malibu rum (use limeade can)
2 Tbsp. or more fresh lime juice
ice to top of blender


Blend all until smooth. Serve in pretty glasses which have been allowed to chill in freezer.

5 comments:

  1. What size limeade? Does Malibu make a plain rum? Or do you use the coconut? I want to make these!!!!Look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... didn't even know you could get anything but a 12 oz limeade anymore. I am a WalMart shopper and they have long since abandoned the 6 oz. cans. I am using the coconut Malibu rum. If you have plain rum, use it. You can always flavor with a little coconut flavoring or omit. I have made my pitcher-full and they are in freezer ready for date with the girls late this afternoon. Family in tomorrow. You will love these. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly recommended! I got my fresh Texas peaches today and my first recipe to try was this one. So delicious! I didn't have a pretty martini glass chilled, so my frozen Tennessee Titans mug had to do! Whew! soooo soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made my first batch. Can't wait to taste them when my company arrives! I'm not much of a cook, but usually a good bartender;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope to hear what your company thought of your peach daiquiris. Keep reading post... my recipes are generally very simple and ones that I have used over and over for many years. You may find that you really are a good cook - maybe you just needed different recipes!

    ReplyDelete