Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Honey Hint

When my children were little, I used a swim sweater on our trips to the neighborhood pool. It was an invaluable apparatus for my littlest one since my hands were often needed to throw a ball simultaneously. A mother of 4 has only 2 hands like everyone else. Plus, this dandy device is a great independence builder for the wee one. The swim sweater is not Coast Guard approved and, therefore, not suitable at lakes or the ocean, but it is perfect for a pool. I never liked the arm swimmies - just couldn't make them work. I am delighted to report that the wonderful Phillips Toy Mart in Belle Meade is still carrying the swim sweater 30 years later! As a grandmother (Honey), I have purchased a swim sweater again since I need to throw that ball to the older grands while tending to a toddler. Take a Honey Hint and check out Phillips Toy Mart... a Nashville landmark... they even inflated it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment