Monday, July 4, 2011

Cookfriends

I have recently discovered my new favorite trifle, thanks to another great cookfriend. And if you do not have a trifle bowl, guess who has one waiting for you... yep, Pampered Chef. Not fancy nor expensive... not cut glass from Tiffany's but so much more... like removable pedestal for more compact refrigerator storage and easier transport. In addition to the removable pedestal (which is usuable for other serveware you may want to elevate), this one has a FITTED lid. You can stack things on it in the refrigerator, and in my case, simplify the delivery to the cookout with still other great cookfriends. Thinking about Christmas and changing out blue fruit for kiwi... Oh yummy...


whipped cream
homemade lemon curd (from still another great cookfriend)
angel food cake, torn into pieces
raspberries & blueberries, or fruit of your choice


Combine whipped cream with cold lemon curd. Then layer: cream, cake, fruit. Cream, cake, fruit. That was easy!

2 comments:

  1. Great minds run alike! I did a similar post! Except that I just did the pics. Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have become a follower of yours now, too! This is all so new to me. Don't really know what I am doing but having a ball! Happy Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete